Tag Archive ‘Bucket List’
Jan 19 2008
My bucket floweth over. So you have inspired me!
- Clean out this house so there is room to live!
- Go back to work. Twenty years is a long time!
- Write “The Mother Book”, that everyone’s mother on the planet has always said they could write
- Remember to use the enter button!
- Stop each day to enjoy my children
- Lose the extra twenty-five pounds I’ve gained
- Try and stop being so over-protective with my kids
- Visit my favorite childhood spot
- Go on a romantic vacation with Jim
- Become more avid at using the computer
- Become more confrontational (In a good way)!
- Read more books, than newspapers
- Take the twins to Disney
- Take up sewing again
- Save money
- Cook healthier meals
- Find the time to cook healthier meals
- Find a little “me time” each day
- Conquer my fear of flying
- Take a cruise with my husband and sisters!
- Visit a tropical resort with white sand and a cabana on the beach and have a hunk bring my drinks
- Own a “Brand New” car (something sporty but functional). Tan!
- Find a crystal ball so I can see Thomas’ future
- See my daughter graduate from college and be happy with her life
- Dance with my son Jack to Chuck Mangione’s “Bellavia” on his wedding day. It was playing on the night he was born.
Jan 14 2008
I have been inspired once more by Sydney. And so I begin My Bucket List. These are no particular order, simply as they spring to mind. I will keep this list in my anchored pages so that I can update it. I haven’t seen this movie yet, and am very much looking forward to it
Before I “Kick The Bucket” I want to:
- Marry the love of my life and live happily ever after. I imagine feeling completely content and utterly safe with him, listening to music, sampling wines, reading, watching sappy old movies all while snuggling up in front of a cozy fire.
- Dance to All I Ask of You at my wedding.
- Spend a month in Tuscany in a lovely Villa with a fireplace and a pool. I want it to be overlooking a vineyard on one side, and Cypress trees, Poppy fields and Olive trees on the other. I want to spend my days exploring ancient Rome and local marketplaces while sipping wine and sampling all the fabulous food only the local Italians can offer.
- Pay off my mortgage and finally and forever be completely debt-free. While I have never imagined myself being wealthy, and have no non-secured debt, this is my idea of true wealth.
- Learn to relax, as thoroughly and luxuriously as my cats do every day of their nine lives.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Own a second home in New England so as often as I wished I could spend as much time with my sisters as I would like.
- See the Pyramids.
- See the triumphant return of Jesus. I can’t explain it, but since I was a little girl, I have always felt that I would be alive when that happens. I felt this way long before I knew what being saved was. I am an avid reader of biblical prophesy. Unfortunately, my brain is too small to hold the enormity of it and my memory is such that I retain very little of it. Of course, I know I am in good company! I read the Left Behind series in great anticipation of reading another person’s concept of what that magnificent event will be like.
- Know that everybody I love is saved and will spend all eternity free of pain and tears.
- Spend a Christmas at a ski lodge in Vermont, not unlike the firepit scene with Bob Wallace & Betty Haynes from White Christmas. I am originally from New England and have never been to Vermont! I have always imagined it to be at it’s most splendid during Christmas.
- Attend a Placido Domingo concert while he is still in glorious voice.
- Attend a Andrea Bocelli concert, in Italy.
- Reach my ideal body weight and be in excellent health.
- Watch the sunset on an uncrowded beach in St. Maarten with my only love.
- See The Phantom of the Opera in London, enjoy a pint at the pub, visit Stonehenge and walk across the crosswalk on Abbey Road.
- Spend at least a week in Greece.
- Encourage my parents to check off as many items from their Bucket List while they both enjoy strong body, mind and spirit.