Wine has been here making us endure the best taste. Every occasion, our celebration will not be complete without wine. From red wines, to white wines, rose to sparkling and dessert, wines have been dominating the drink industry. To give you more information about wines, here are the different types of wine:
Some of the more common types of wines are below.
- Red Wine. Red wines are one of the most famous wines. It is made with black grapes to complement your taste. Red wines range from light to dark, dry to sweet.
- White Wine. White wines are also famous when it comes to winery. The white wine are produced from green and black grapes. The flavour of white wines vary from rich and creamy, to light and invigorating taste.
- Rose Wine. Rose wine is made from black grapes and is being produced by removing the skins of the grapes before they color the wine. It is formed by blending the red and wine together, both dry and sweet styles.
- Sparkling Wine. Sparkling wines are a style of winemaking. It involves a secondary fermentation with effervescence! Sparkling wine can be read, white, or even rose. The taste range from rich and sweet.
- Fortified Wine. A fortified wine is usully done by fortifying the wine with spirits. Ideally, a dessert wine but in dry-styles too.
Level of Sweetness
With the five types of wine, there is what we also call level of sweetness. In winemaking style, the wines are being produced from dry to sweet. To elaborate, here is the level of sweetness:
- Dry. A dry wine is usually being produced when all the grape sugars are fermented into alcohol. Some dry wines may consist with RS to add sweetness.
- Semi-sweet. A semi-sweet is also known as the Off Dry. The semi-sweet wines is with a touch of sugars in wine. Usually, this wine is made to complement acidity and aromatic wines
- Sweet. A sweet wine will leave a lot of sugar in wine unfermented. The wines that are sweet are usually low in alcohol if not fortified.
Wines are also classified by style, primary flavors. The additional groupings are as follows:
- High Tannin. Wines high tannin is like dryness in your mouth. It is similar when you lick a popsicle stick or by putting a wet tea bag inside your mouth.
- Round. Round wines have less tannin. It has balanced acidity with smooth or lush sensation.
- Spicy. Spicy wines has the highest acidity or highest alcohol.
The tannins are very soft usually. It is related to the low level of polyphenols. Wines have thousands of different varietals, regions, and even types of wine. It is due to wine’s diversity it is easier to start classifying wine. Mostly, we classify wine with taste. There are wines with fruit flavors. You can taste everything and experience the basic characteristics of wine. There are also wine with aromatics that are very fruity. This is called tea-leaf, worn leather, or damp earth.
Overall, wines are the greatest. Even with varieties of classifications, wines are the best!