Wine has been here making us endure the best taste. Every occasion, our celebration will not be complete without wine. From red wines, to white wines, rose to sparkling and dessert, wines have been dominating the drink industry. Wines could be identified mainly by the grape selection used to make the wine and the area where the grapes are grown. Wines identified on the basis of grape range are called varietals and those categorized on the basis of area are called by the region itself.
The process of making wine is not that complicated. To give you more information about how wine is made, here are the step by step procedures:
- First, you need to pick up the grapes from your vineyards. Most vineyards start with white grapes and then with red varietals. The grapes are usually gathered in bins and then later on be sent on the crushing pad. The process will turn grapes into juice and then to wine.
- Crush the grapes. There is a wine making machine called destemmer that will remove the stem from the cluster. After removing the grapes from the stem, it will lightly crush the grapes.
- Ferment the grapes into wine. When you say Fermentation, the sugar will be converted to alcohol. There are plenty of methods and machineries that can be used for this process, in different kinds of grapes. For red and white grapes, the yeast will be added so fermentation can happen into the wine. For red wines,the carbon dioxide will be released throughout the fermentation process. The techniques also make the grape skins will rise too. Wine makers must also punch over to keep the skins in interaction with the juice. For red wines, the grapes will be pressed once fermentation is done.
- Age the wine. Aging the wine will make it have a long lasting and beautiful taste. They say the longer you age wine, the better. There are various of wine that can be aged to several years, to several months, stainless steel to oak, new oak to used barrels, oak barrels, and even numerous stages of toasted barrels.
- Put the wine in a bottle. When the wine maker is done with the full expression of aging the wine, then it will be time put the wine into the bottle. Most dry red wines will need aging of eighteen (18) to twenty four (24) months.
Wine will surely make us drink more. The process of doing wine can be simple but it takes lots of knowledge. Wine has become the world’s famous drink because of its magical taste. The taste of wine varies depending on how long you stored it. The longer you preserve the wine, the better it will taste. The most complicated process in making a wine is the fermentations as we all know it will be tedious to convert its sweet taste to alcohol. Overall, wine continues to dominate the store.. and need we say more?
We all love drinking wine, don’t we? Wine has been here making us endure the best taste. Every occasion, our celebration will not be complete without wine. From red wines, to white wines, rose to sparkling and dessert, wines have been dominating the drink industry. Wines could be identified mainly by the grape selection used to make the wine and the area where the grapes are grown. Wines identified on the basis of grape range are called varietals and those categorized on the basis of area are called by the region itself.
The process of making wine is not that complicated. The process of doing wine can be simple but it takes lots of knowledge. Wine has become the world’s famous drink because of its magical taste. The taste of wine varies depending on how long you stored it. The longer you preserve the wine, the better it will taste. The most complicated process in making a wine is the fermentations as we all know it will be tedious to convert its sweet taste to alcohol. However, the most exciting is opening the wine.
You can open the wine using different types of wine opener. To help you with this, here are the different types of wine you can use:
- Twist Corkscrew. The inventor of Twist Corkscrew is Reverend Samuell Henshall. The handle is made easy to twist. It is the simplest of the wine bottle openers. There is a concave disc between the handle and the screw allows the cork to slide out the bottle neck.
- Waiter’s Corkscrew. This type of wine opener is known by several names including sommelier knife or wine key. The type of corkscrew has been around since 1882. The handle can come in variety materials like wood, metal or plastic.
- Air Pressure Wine Openers. Instead of having a traditional corkscrew, this kind of wine opener may be good for you as it requires you to insert a hollow needle down through the cork. The air pressure wine opener has minimal physical force requirement. It also removes the cork faster than other type of wine opener.
- Winged Corkscrew. This kind of wine opener is popular because of its double lever variety which can be traced back to patent H. S. Heely from 1888. The double levers make it simpler and easier to open the wine because it requires less effort.
- Electric Wine Openers. This type of wine opener is simple and easy to use. IT involves the corkscrew that will spin around on its own when you press the button. Because of the process, the extraction becomes easy.
- Lever Corkscrews. This type of wine opener is often called as the “bunny ears”. The lever system resemble of the long ears of the rabbit. This corkscrew is designed for beginners because of its ease of use.
- Air Pump Corkscrew. This is an unusual style of the opener has similarity to the air pressure wine opener. The Air Pump Corkscrew pushes air into the bottle until the cork pops out.
These are just the most common wine opener. The 7 corkscrews are done to help people enjoy wine. What about you, which one do you prefer to use?
We have so many types of wine you can find in the market today. Wines are the best drink you can get after a long day at work. A lot of us indulge with wines whenever we are stressed. We also happen to have wine when there are several occasions. To give you more new knowledge about wine, here are the top 10 most favourite wines in United States of America:
- Malbec. This kind of red wine originated in Argentina. It tastes like black fuits, but the oak is more aggressive. It has nomal flavours of coffee and chocolate. You will surely love this kind of red wine if you are someone who like bold tasting food and drinks.
- Zinfandel. This kind of red wine has exotic fruits flavoured. It has a style from medium to full-bodied. What’s amazing in this red wine is that you can pair it with various kinds of food.
- Merlot. This kind of red wine is more fruit forward compared to other red wines. It is zesty, with a twist. You will surely love this red wine because it dominates America like it’s a huge storm.
- Chardonnay. This kind of white wine is special because tastes like yellow citrus. Usually, it is from medium to full bodied. This white wine is also dry. The Chardonnay is also at its best when oaked aged. It has buttery sensation in the mouth.
- Pinot Grigio. This kind of white wine is pure red that tastes like cherry cranberry. It is dry and light bodied. The Pinot Grigio is harvested in France. It has sweet tannins and high acid. A lot of people who tried this agreed that it tasted like apple or pear.
- Riesling. This kind of white has the balance of sweet and acidic. It also has honey flavors and minerals. The white wine tastes like citrus. It has high acids and sweets that you will surely love. This white wine has a sweet and sour punch that you can pair with delicious meals.
- Sauvignon Blanc. This kind of white wine has aggressive citrus taste that is perfect for parties or other high class ceremonies. This white wine is dry and usually harvested in France. It also has a grassy fragrance that is perfect for pairing in seafoods.
- Syrah. This kind of red wine often tastes like blueberry and plum. The Syrah red wine is full-bodied and usually cultivated in France. You will surely adore this kind of red wine because it is blended with Grenache.
- Pinot Noir. This kind of red wine is dried and light bodied. Like other types of wine, this Pinot Noir is harvested in France. It also has soft tannins but higher acid compared to other brands. The grapes used to cultivate this wine flourish in cold climates.
- Cabernet Sauvignon. This kind of red wine tastes like black cherry. You can also tastes the cedar in this wine. Cabernet Sauvignon’s grapes are cultivated in Bordeaux area. It has bold tannings that can complement the taste of lamb, beef, and other smoked meats.